Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Saturday, December 7, 2013

my cats

Until recently I have had 3 cats with whom I share my home, and they are sweet and all very different.Then about 3-4 weeks ago a little long-haired tuxedo cat befriended me. He'd been living on the streets for about a year and half. My neighbor had been feeding him since May of 2012. She believes he was just dropped off because he was so young, but also so friendly that it was unlikely that he was wild. Then this year about a month ago he showed up in my back yard, and of course I made friends with him. He began showing up everyday and I of course fed him. I slowly introduced him to my cats and they seemed to just ignore each other. With that I decided to try to get him to the vet for shots and neutering. That took some planning, but he wouldn't cooperate. Then he showed up one morning, and I called the vet and the tech said they'd squeeze him in. He's almost all set needing only one more visit for follow-up shots. He's very affectionate, playful, cuddly, and jumps in my lap. He's also a bit unpredictable scratching me a few times on my face, and he howls during the evening - wanting to go outside. I am afraid if he goes out something will happen to him or he won't come back or he'll he'll pick up fleas (not likely in the winter, though)or get hit by a car, or chased by a mean dog (although we only have one cat chasing dog that I know of, but really, isn't one enough?) My vet said that even coyotes have been killing cats in some areas, and that terrified me too. So he's becoming an indoor only cat, but he's not thrilled with that life style at all. I have to run around with strings and balls to play with him and thereby distract him from thoughts of the outdoors at night. I guess I shouldn't complain. The exercise is probably good for me, but it's also tiring. I just hope I don't find
 anymore cats.  I can't aford anymore, for sure, and with the possibility of a move to FL in the future and
the prospect of moving 1500 miles with 4 cats, I'd really can't take any more cats into my home.  As it
it is, I don't know how I will get them to FL.  Flying has one set of problems and limitations and driving
has another.  What to do?  I have lost sleep over this problem and still have no definite plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment