Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Life Goes On,

Again it's been a while since I made an entry.   Guess I've been distracted by events at home.  My sister died a few days ago.  She was 74 years old and usually in good health until about 3 weeks before her death.  I like to think she is now with our parents.  She was a good person, good sister and I miss her so much already.  I guess in time the pain will decrease as I remember  happy times rather than dwelling on the sadness.    Her name was Joan,  she had 3 grown children all in very successful
careers.  They will miss her, this I know, and wish I could help ease their pain of loss as I deal with my own. Her husband survives her, and I know it will take time for him to come to a place of acceptance and peace.  She also has about 3 grandchildren who love her very much and will miss her, and the good times that children are supposed to have with their grandparents.  I never had grandparents -  all were deceased by the time I was 2 years old except for one and I do not remember him - my mother's father. Although I remember some of the stories she told me about her parents and the early years of marriage to my father.  I always had lots of questions, and I think it made her a bit anxious trying to remember things.  My only regret is that I didn't write those stories in a note book to keep them.  What memories remain with me are scattered and incomplete, but they're something I'm at least glad to have.   Now I will treasure my sister's memories and perhaps write some of them here in future entries.    For now I'd like to encourage everyone to write what memories you have of your parents and other family members and friends too.  You will be glad you did, and others such as sisters and family friends will most likely also appreciate them very much.  Now make sure you call your moms, siblings and dad too just to talk and take notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment