Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Been quite a while between posts.  Although I have been busy writing some letters,  playing with my cats and trying to keep my house clean.  The kitties are cute and such company.  I wish I could take one for a walk without a leash on him or her, but they won't walk on a leash and it's far too dangerous to walk without one.  Cats don't respond to verbal commands the way some dogs do (no response is the usual).

 On another topic I have been losing things more than I usually do.  I put something down and can't find it an hour later.  I have always been that way.  The nuns who  taught in my elementary  and high school  were always punishing me which didn't help at all. In fact it made my anxiety increase and I got more forgetful.  I always hoped I'd grow out of this losing thing, but no such luck.  I do think it might have improved a little, but certainly it's not gone. I love the idea of a place for everything and everything in its place, but I was never able to manage that.  My cats don't mind  though unless I lose their food which doesn't happen - ever or their toys which does happen sometimes.

Animals are good for us.  They keep us company, warn us sometimes, share our meals and sleep on the bed with us.  While cats are not quite as demonstrative or obedient as dogs (or kids either for that matter) they are company and often one of them will have to sit right near me, purring loudly. Of
course when that happens I have to pet them and kiss them and talk to them and they seem to like most of it, but they don't like being picked up except for one, Seamus.  They tolerate it a little and then squirm a bit until I let them go.  But their most important job is simply being here and keeping me company every day and entertain me with their antics sometimes.  The telephone is my other tool for relieving boredom or loneliness and taking a one mile run around the neighborhood at least once each day.  I think I should find something more interesting to do..












]
''''''''''''

No comments:

Post a Comment