Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Friday, August 26, 2011

Waiting for Irene

Well it is Sat. evening and I'm watching some hurricane reports on tv and writing first in my journal, then an online journal and now my blog.  I may not be good but I'm prolific.  I am writing all the time it seems and while I would have hated this when I was in high school, today I relish it and wish I had more time and education to do a better job.  I'm not really concerned about the hurricane, but I have a superstition - that is that if I am really prepared for something (like a hurricane) it won't be bad or it won't happen.  I believe this hurricane will happen, but if I'm ready it won't be bad.  So far that's worked for me, and the only really bad things that have happened to me have been surprises including losing my job, surprise tests, well my marriage wasn't a surprise, but it didn't turn out very well (that part was  a surprise).  So who knows about these superstitions.  But they help to motivate me to prepare - so I won't need to. And now it's sleep time for me and my kitties. I'll say a little prayer that everyone in Irene's path will be ok and have very little or no damage from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment