Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Chloe, the Saga Continues

The saga of Chloe the scaredy cat continues.  She has been steadily showing improvement since I started her on drugs (cat pheromones).  She has been friendly, following me and letting me pet her.  She is still a bed hog and leaves me about 12 inches of bed to sleep on. In the meantime Giuseppe is at the foot of the bed forcing me to curl up so I don't kick him.  The interesting part is that I sleep in a double bed and there is so much room on the other side, but they won't sleep there.  It probably wouldn't change things because I have discovered that they like to lean up against my back, legs, stomach and occ on my pillow wrapped around  my head.  I had one kitty years ago who used to do that then she had to knead my hair and of course purr. 

For the pheromones I started with the spray and graduated to the electric diffuser.  Her improvements have been remarkable, and I don't think it was just because she got used to things.  This is not a kitty who gets used to anything, and she doesn't give an inch.  What is tabu is simply not allowed and never will be. She holds a lot of power for a small creature.  If I didn't love her and wasn't sensitive to her needs I wouldn't let her have all this power.  What I wish is that she'd give me a little respect, just a little.  But oh no that can't happen, not on her watch.  She has to maintain her control.  It's like the reverse of the Dog Whisperer effect.  She controls me and I give in - most of the time especially where comfort is concerned. 

I've also used kitty pot (better known as catnip to most people) as an adjunct to her pheromone therapy with good results too.  She's been a little nicer to Seamus, and he expresses his appreciation of her kindness by continuing to avoid her.  I can't say I blame him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment