Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Helpful Hints

Once in a while I find a little shortcut to make something easier, faster or cheaper or maybe prettier.  So from time to time I thought I'd put some here.  And should anyone actually read this blog and have some handy little hints he or she can leave them through the comments.  But don't worry I'm not trying to be Heloise and her hints.  I only plan on doing this occasionally.  For tonight I'll start with something I'll bet most people already know.  That melted cheese makes almost any leftover taste better.  Havarti cheese melts best and is great in tomato soup.  Wine is also good with leftovers, drink enough and you don't care if they're leftovers.  See no fancy list of ingredients, no complicated instructions, almost no expense.

If you watched the debates on tv you're one up on me.  I just caught the reviews, and it seems that I missed a very entertaining performance by the participants.  I didn't learn much though, except that I won't be voting for any of them.   Personally I don't think that debates are a good way to judge a candidate's potential as a leader.  Televised debates are only one aspect of the candidates ability.  The ability to be quick, think quick, perform under pressure, and remember all kinds of details about lots of important and unimportant things are involved in debates on tv.  I think the man who becomes president has a different sort of responsibility.  He needs to be able to perform under pressure, but most of the time he will be able to take some time to make his decision, listen to his advisers, consider alternatives, and pros and cons of any potential action.  Reacting too quickly under pressure could be a disadvantage in a position of such immense power.  So it seems to me that all the candidates reacted poorly to the pressure and demands of the debate.  And nothing anyone did convinced me that any of them were worthy of my vote.  Having written all that I'd also like to say I won't be too political in the future - just an ocasional comment once in a while.  Of course we haven't seen the D's against whoever becomes the R candidate, but my opinion on the process will probably be the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment