Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Thursday, August 14, 2014

New Set of Problems

My life has taken a strange turn.  I now have a homeless woman     (a niece of my former husband who is now deceased) and her chocolate lab living in my home.  She is therefore, my daughter's cousin, but really no relation to me.  I don't mind too much, but I am worried about my cats.  I have 4 and they aren't too pleased with the dog.  I must admit she is a good dog, but she's big and they
are afraid of her.  I told her she would have to keep the dog in the
room in the basement where she is sleeping and make sure she
takes her out frequently because I don't want any accidents in the
house.  Well last night we had a power failure just as I was 
returning from the mall with some fast food for supper.  When I went inside she was in my TV room with the dog and all my cats were hiding and fearful.  Finally she took her out to walk and pee and then brought her downstairs, but that wasn't until after we had
eaten the Chinese food I bought.  My cats did not come out of 
hiding until we finally went to sleep after the electricity was on. 

It's not so much that I mind that she is here, but that I don't how
long she'll be here and I'm definitely not happy about the dog.  
Even though the electricity finally came on I was unable to 
sleep last night. I had to reset my bedroom alarm clock and it
took me about 45 minutes, because it has a tedious way to 
reset it and I didn't have the directions.  I'll need to print them
up again if I can find them online again.  

She does have a car, but yesterday her LR tire blew out so
Larry and I went to Sears to get a new and have it mounted on 
her tire.  I don't know where this is going, and I don't know 
how long she'll be here.   Probably a while more than I'd like.
Today she had just brought the dog into  the house off leash, 
and she immediately went after the first cat she saw.  Sadly that
was Chloe my most timid and fearful cat.  She is still in hiding 
several hours later.  Poor little girl.  I almost told her she would
have to leave but I felt sorry for her so I didn't, but I did have a
talk with her.  I have to tell Lauren no more boarders esp. if they have dogs, big dogs. I will post about this situation again
to update on this situation (which I hope will cease to be a situation
in my house).










No comments:

Post a Comment