Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Thursday, November 3, 2016

My kitty is sick.

My usual scattered thoughts are a bit more scattered over the last 4-5 days  I have been very worried about one of my cats.  Mr. Seamus (Shea for short) who is very ill.  He doesn't know it and seems cheerful and wants to play, but we can't let him. .  He is  suffering from congestive heart failure, diabetes and more.  He's a cute little guy peach with some brown colors, medium length hair (he's in some of the pics at the first page of this blog. His name is Seamus because of his Irish like reddish hair.  He's a very sweet kitty never seems irritated, never scratches, never bites, and loves to sleep on my bed or on my stomach in the bed.  Right now and for the last 2 weeks it seems like he belongs to the vet's office, he is there so much.  They have him tonight and that worries me because I don't know if they have staff at night.  It seems to me that they would, but I just don't know it for sure, I hope someone is  there.  It feels like they have taken him from me.  I visit him every day and let him walk all around the office as long as I am with him it's ok.  Then when I leave I cry. They are nice to me and good to the animals, but I wonder if I will ever get him back home with me.  It's sad not to be able to help him more.  I think in the weeks to come I will put some more stories about Seamus and his activities here.  He's a beautiful cat, no pedigree, but a wonderful personality.  Everyone at the vets seem to like him and they have been very nice to me.  Of course I bring all my kitties to them, but only Seamus has medical problems right now.  I hope the others remain healthy for a long time.  I don't know what the outcome for Seamus will be.  This condition will not go away.  There is only treatment, but no cure.  At some point I may have to make the decision to end his life to avoid any more pain and suffering.  That also will be difficult.  Sometimes life is hard, really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment