Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Friday, October 18, 2013

New kitty complications

If you read this blog, you know that I love kitties, cats, and felines of all species - domestic, small, big, wild, exotic, fluffy, slinky - all of them and am drawn to the homeless even more so.  I have 3 of my own or is it that the three of them are sharing me? Could be.  They do run me. Recently I have been visited by a little tuxedo cat (discussed in a previous entry).  He feels tiny compared to my group (all 12-16 lbs) has long hair, but not fluffy or thick - kind of sleek.  The problem is that he visits me twice a day for food, flea treatments, cuddles and naps, but he won't stay.  He gets along well with my group and loves lap time with me.  When he decides to sleep in my house he likes my pillow and wraps his paws around my head.  I think he likes the contact.  When he first comes in he runs around meowing and I catch him and comb him for fleas and ticks.  I do have some Hartz topical flea stuff that seems to work for the ticks too.  It is supposed to last for a month, but it's more like 3 weeks.

I'm planning to visit my daughter who happens to live in FL (I'm in CT) and stay for close to a year to help out  with my 3 grandchildren (plus a managerie of animals)while she finishes her masters in social work.  So- moving my group will be difficult enough without trying to plan for one more.  Still I worry about him when he's outside at night, and I offer him food and a place to stay, and he does come inside sometimes.  But I wish I knew if he had a family because he needs to be neutered, have shots etc. Also he doesn't actually know what a litter box is used for. He is   a little unpredictable, ocasionally  swiping at me for some unknown reason.  I think he spends his time away from my house in the woods because he usually has around 6-10 ticks and sticky things we used to call devil's teeth when I was kid, stuck to his fur, but I don't know the real name.  He is cute and seems to be winning my heart.  I don't really need this.  I've been trying to follow him sometimes to see
if he goes to a home, but he loses me after 20 minutes. One smart kitty it seems.
To be continued.

10/27/2013

The new kitty now named Timothy Cat or TC for short has resisted moving into my house, but he still visits and takes long naps and purrs very loudly.  He's another one that doesn't like me on the computer.  When he came in tonight he tried to eat but had to jump in my lap after about 2 bites.  He seems to love being loved even more than food.  Right now he just came inside and had a few bites, many pets interrupting my writing then eating then back to my lap (causing me to put the computer down quickly before he punctures the screen). He has his few minutes of petting, scratching, brushing and then goes back to the food for a few minutes.  He is a little character, but he's stealing my heart. The problem is I shouldn't have another kitty.  I'll be moving in a year or 2 and traveling with kitties -4 of them is no easy task when it's more than 1500 miles.  I'm losing sleep over this trying to
figure out the easiest way to do this.  Any idea?





No comments:

Post a Comment