Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Once More

And it's back to FL to help my daughter during her last year in a masters program in social work.  I'm not really happy about this situation, but I've never been very
good at saying no.  This is a good thing for her, and sets an excellent example for her children about lifelong learning.  They know that education is life long, that it is good for us, that
it gives us a life worth living, gives us the tools we need to have a good life, be
good citizens, good parents.  If I had not lost my job and retired I would not be
able to do this for her, and part of me wishes I didn't have to do it.  I'm kind of
old to be dealing with 3 teens.  It scares me to tell you the truth.  My main
ammunition will be a stern "wait till your mother gets home"  in quotes because
it's a phrase from a tv sitcom or cartoon from tv in the past.  I'm hoping I won't need to do that
too often.  I just hope she doesn't make me cook.  I hate that.
I have an addendum to this entry. Recently my daughter and I had a pretty long phone call (lately that is unusual), and it seems she will not be starting school until Jan. of 2015 so I'm good for a year now. I am delighted, and perhaps when I do go to FL at that time it will be a permanent move - kitties and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment