Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Life in Florida

Back to FL

I am in FL visiting my daughter.  I never did move here permanently, but come to visit at least twice a year.  FL is not for me - at least not on permanent basis.  It's too hot in the summer, the traffic is
awful, the drivers are out to get other drivers (at least it seems that way) and I get lost too easily.
So I have decided to stay in CT and come to FL maybe once a year to visit my daughter for a few weeks.  I now get pet sitters which can be costly for an extended stay, but my alternatives are
limited.  If I got a house sitter who could just move in for a few weeks it would be great, but I'm
hesitent to have a stranger in my house.  I also don't know how to find someone who would be
willing to do this.  I'm a little worried about Craigs List and other services like that. So I'll have
to see what works out for me.  My kitties are safely at home with sitters who stop in daily and feed,
water, and clean the litterboxes and even give them some attention.  I miss them so much. I can't
wait to be home and have them sleeping on my bed.  Oops I need a new bed now.  Have to take
care of that as soon as I get home.

For the most part FL is a beautiful state, but it is hot in the summer - very, very hot, and my
cats are home and I'm missing them though I do have granny rites with my daughter's cat. She
is a sweet, gentle, affectionate kitty and I just love her, but my daughter won't give her up (to me of course) so I'll have to settle for visits with the cat when I visit my daughter.  Of course my grand-
children are there as well, but since they are now teens I find them less interested in talking to or visiting with me.  I'm not offended.  I understand that they have there own activities and lives
and I am only a part time person in their lives. I come and I go sometimes I write to them, but
seldom get a letter back.  That's ok too because they're teens.  They have school, friends, activities,
etc (the pool, and little jobs such as dog walking, baby sitting, etc as they are now teens).

This has been a working visit for me and I am tired.  Can't wait to be home.  In the mean time
everyone drive carefully.




No comments:

Post a Comment