Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Book Review "The Daily Coyote"

Some time ago I read a book that I couldn't put down.  It wasn't a mystery, or spy story etc.  It was, of course, an animal story.  I love animals and their stories of rescue, escapades and almost anything with mention of an animal in it.  This one was  The Daily Coyote  by Shreve Stockton.  It is an amazing story of a young woman who was driving across country on  what  I think was  a small motor cycle  or scooter from CA to the east coast. On her journey she stops in  a tiny town in Wyoming and likes it so much she decides to stay, rents a house and meets some of the town's residents.  What starts the real story is a serendipitous encounter with a tiny baby coyote.  And so begins her blog "The Daily Coyote"  which starts out for family and friends and eventually turns into a very popular blog, and then a book.   The book is sprinkled with wonderful photos of the coyote as he grows and meets the cat she has and some dogs etc and a few scary incidents as well.   As she settles into her new dwelling she meets and falls in love with a town resident who lives nearby.  The book has a little bit of everything in it. 

The author studied journalism and photography in college and has other books to her credit (one is a cookbook for gluten free cooking).  I really enjoyed this book. It's an easy read and hard to put down.  It is available in paperback and hardcover on Amazon.  I'd recommend it for anyone over 15 or so. 

I would recommend this book for animal lovers and also for people who are considering a career in journalism or writing of any kind because she demonstrates (without lecturing on  it) the need for discipline in a self-directed career.  It might even make a good last minute Christmas gift for any readers and animal lovers on your list.

 Currently Miss Stockton is working on another book which I am happily awaiting. 

If anyone reads or has red this please send me your comments.  I'd love to hear what someone else thinks.  I'll post some on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment