Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Winter Is Here

I know we started the  2011-12 winter off with a Nor'easter, Alexander (Dec.13) I think was the name.  But then we had some nice days and the snow seemed to disappear quickly.  The electricity took much longer to return.  We've had some wonderful days with blue skies, even sweater weather, but today not so much.  I think winter is warning us.  It's coming, and I just don't see the need for it.  My hands and feet are freezing, the blood has left them for warmer parts and so has the color.  I now have bluish, yellowish white fingers and toes courtesy of Renaud's disease and I'm not even outside.  I keep the heat low in my house  because I'm unemployed, and I need to be careful with money.  I do tend to bundle up and wear sweaters, but my hands and feet don't seem to know I'm wearing extra clothing.  Well enough complaining, eventually I'll move to FL to be near my daughter and keep my hands  and feet warm.

In New England I've noticed that the fall colors aren't as vibrant as they usually are this time of the year.  My friend says it's because of Hurricane Irene and the salt spray as that lady came ashore in New England. I've also noticed a lot of vines and weeds in my yard, but that's another story.  My back yard animal menagerie doesn't seem to mind the weeds as long as the food keeps coming.  And my cats continue to enjoy the squirrel TV. 

New Topic.  I'm watching and listening to the Celtic Women on PBS TV while I write this.  It's such beautiful music and such a wonderful visual experience that it's hard to keep my mind on my writing.The funny part is that I'm recording it too so I should be able to ignore it and do some work, but....  It's so hard.  They have a children's group singing with them for some of the performances and they are good and so cute.  I would love to see them in person someday.   For now though TV is OK.

I would talk about Christmas, but except to suggest a Celtic Women CD or DVD would make a great gift for many people, I'm going to leave Christmas for another day. Of course I wish all a wonderful Christmas and happy New Year.  Shop early it's good for the economy (maybe not yours, but for the country at least.)

No comments:

Post a Comment