Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Traveling

I'm heading to FL on Jan 4th. to visit my daughter and family.  I'll be there for a month. I think I'll carry a note book with me at all times so I can take notes on the funny things that happen and then have some material for this blog. My grandchildren are 11, 12, 13 and they are interesting and will be keeping me busy.  So the least they can do is provide me with material for my journal and blog and they do.  I know a lot of people don't like flying or merely tolerate it.  I love it.  I don't care for unexpected delays or nearly missed flights and running through airports, but that doesn't happen often. I almost always fly Southwest and they're good, though they sometime have some issues.  But the experience is great.  I always treat myself to a book for the trip.  This year it will be Joan Didion's latest Blue Nights.  I read one of her books about a year ago and I loved it.  I like the way she writes.  You are almost inside her brain with her descriptions of her feelings and thoughts and yet it still sounds familiar ie the "I've been there too" feeling. The other one I read was The Year of Magical Thinking written after her husband died
suddenly on Christmas Eve.  It received a lot of wonderful reviews and some awards.  When I finish the other one I'll let you know what I think of it. As always I would welcome some comments, even negative ones would be good.  It does take me a long time to get through a medium length book because I frequently read other things between the chapters of the book. I don't why I do that, but I suspect some attention deficit problems.  I was never understood in school because I couldn't listen long enough, or concentrate or follow instructions.  Ah those were the days - the days I'm happy to forget.  If you know some good books leave me the names.  Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment