Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Monday, December 5, 2011

Princess Chloe Visits the Doctor

Today I took Chloe to the veterinarian. I outsmarted her by hiding the carrier in the tub, pulling the shower curtain to hide it and not mentioning it to her. I couldn't even think about what was in store for her because she reads minds at least she reads my mind. She just knows. When I just look at her sometimes and I'm thinking about picking her up she runs. Sometimes she runs just when I talk to her. At other times she lies on the floor and shows me her tummy for some rubs and purrs like an engine. Sometimes she runs when she sees me coming down the hall for no good reason unless she's reading my mind. Anyway I got hold of her and brought her into the bathroom fairly easily (I kept thinking about having a cup of coffee). The minute I closed the door she started howling and meowing loudly. I managed to get her into the carrier and close it and lock it. The rest wasn't too bad although she howled a lot in the car. In the office she was obviously frightened , but held still for the exam with pupils widely dilated. She does have some yeast inf. in her ears that I'm treating now but otherwise she is pretty healthy. I wasn't surprised about the infection because she's been  shaking her head a little more than the others do.
It took her a few hours to forgive and forget and let me touch her, but when she did she was so sweet and purred so loudly I knew she forgave me and was OK.

Then came the second dose of ear drops.  Did not go over well at all and she is now in hiding. But I'm heading to bed shortly, and I bet she sleeps on my bed tonight. She likes company when it's dark.  I'll keep you posted on Princess Chloe's response to the ear drops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment