Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Friday, December 23, 2011

These are few of my favorite things.

 I'm passionate about a lot of things.  Maybe that makes me kind of intense and others kind of uncomfortable.  

Animals are my first passion (outside of all the people in my life).
Cats are next especially my own, but I love any cat I see.
I love dogs too, but especially the well behaved ones.  I enjoy the dog whisperer program because I learn so much.  But not having a dog means I can only practice on my cats.  They don't respond the same way as dogs.  They look at me like I'm crazy(they're not far off). 

I am very passionate about the color purple - not the movie the actual color.  I like lavender even more.  Orchid is lovely but a little to pinkish sometimes. 

I also adore shiny jewelry.  It doesn't have to be expensive such as diamonds. The only real diamond I ever had was my engagement ring and that is long gone now.  Crystal is beautiful, pearly things are also a favorite and things called "mother of pearl".

In the last few years I've really learned to love birds. I like to hear them chirp, even if they wake me up. I like to see them feed in my yard.  Today I had 11 squirrels and 10 birds - morning doves and some small grey bird that was very cute. Yesterday I had 4 crows, blue jays every day, and once in a while some seagulls visit.  One of them had an injured foot.  I didn't think any one would be able to catch him though (in order to help him)  because he could still fly quite well. 

Next it's clouds.  I wrote a whole journal entry about clouds once. I love fluffy white clouds on a blue sky, black clouds on a grey sky, big mountainous clouds and little wispy ones.  Sunny days with passing blackish clouds are interesting and not often seen so I do appreciate them when I see them.  

I can't go without mentioning mimosa trees (the drink isn't too bad either).  They are so beautiful, colorful and the bright pink to reddish flowers smell wonderful.  In fact I've looked for mimosa perfume for years (once I had some from Coty, but they no longer make it).  It is a very sweet sort of exotic smell that is hard to describe. I had one in my front yard, but something happened to it after a heavy rain and it began to split and eventually died.  I think we should have had it pruned at the right time to prevent the splitting, but I didn't know enough about it.

There are probably more things that I am passionate about, but I can't think of them right now.  But this was really fun to just write about what I love and feel passionate about.  

I did leave one thing out.  I love little babies and toddlers.  I love to talk to them and ask them silly questions to hear what they say. But one has to be careful about that sort of thing because if you don't know the mom she's likely to think you're dangerous and rush off with the baby.  And of course babies are another thing I love.  I don't see enough of them now that I'm not working in the hospital. Tiny babies and older ones - they're all great and sweet and just amazing. I often wish I'd had more of my own.  (during moments of insanity I guess).

And lastly, but as the saying goes not least my grandchildren are 3 of my favorite things. Wonderful, funny, sweet, and sometimes fresh, but always special to me.  I am passionate about their futures, passionate about their lives now, their schooling, their extra things IE music lessons, swimming, parties.  I want their lives to be perfect, better than mine, and better than their mom's and dad's lives.  I don't know how much of what I want will actually come to pass - but I want it desperately. Yet I know there is little perfection on this earth except things that man doesn't affect (what would that be???). . 

I also like snowflakes - not snow as in falling, but the single snowflake that looks like lace which I also love.

But this would be a good exercise for everyone and should make you smile while you write.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment