Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Only a few days to go

Christmas really will be here soon.  I hope the generosity that has started to spread through our country continues.  It was nice to hear about the secret santas who paid off "lay-a-ways" in Walmart and KMart. I wish I could so some of that too.  But right now is not a good time for me.  I hope I can make up for it when I'm in a better position financially.  I really believe that Oprah Winfrey was a major factor in the generosity this year even though her show is off the air. Her network continues to set the example and spread the word.  Our country has been through some tough times.  People like to say that we all survived it, but I know that is an exaggeration.  Some made it through the depression, some barely survived and some suffered horribly until they died and were then at peace.  Children were the worst hit and are the worst sufferers today.  Homelessness, hunger, sometimes left alone, separated from their siblings, waiting in foster care for adoption- hoping against all hope. The sadness, the deprivation, the fear, are terrible to be experienced by little children.  Even animals are suffering from the economy yes, but also from the humans who leave their houses without the animals and let them slowly starve to death. And property laws won't allow anyone to take them home (what craziness is that?)  I don't know what the answer is, but I see the problem and I see the Senate and House doing little to help - they are fighting to gain seats, push their own agendas, to win nominations, elections - everything but help their constitutents.  Would they behave differently if their survival depended on coming to a consensus and helping the nation?  I really don't know.  I do know they don't care about anyone other than themselves.  I presume one day they will have to answer to a "higher power" for their behaviors as we all wil someday . And in the meantime the "beat goes on".

No comments:

Post a Comment