Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Monday, September 26, 2011

Psychic Kitties

After many unsuccessful attempts to groom, cut nails, clean ears etc I have decided that my cats can read my mind.  I don't know if they can read everyone's mind, but they're reading mine at about 70-80% accuracy.  When they have a vet appointment they hide, when I have the claw trimmers in my pocket they hide, if I'm going out they know to follow me to the door (mind you I don't actually take them out - only Seamus on a leash).  When I go to get the catnip they know even before I get near it, same thing with the laser toy. I know that much of their mind reading is because they know me and my behaviors are, I guess, repetitive and therefore familiar to them.  But still it freaks me out a little when all I do is stand up and they run to the exact place to which I'm heading.
Of course Chloe my psycho kitty usually runs away from that same spot    knowing somehow that I'm going to try to brush her, or trim her claws.  She's a smart little girl, but somewhat unsociable and has an untouchable attitude about her.  Sometimes I can't even look at her or she runs.  The boys are learning  to pretty much ignore her. I'm still trying to make her a real kitty, but she is always one step ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment