Famous Seamus

Famous Seamus
Love that belly

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Scardy Cat

I have received some good advice from a cat writer friend through the web of course.  My Chloe is still hostile to her 2 male housemates.  My cat writer friend  suggested that rubbing the boys with a towel and then rubbing her would help her relax and begin to calm down and also the reverse ie rubbing them after rubbing her with the same towel of course.  Only one problem,  Chloe who is afraid of thunder, loud noises and the dark seems also to be afraid of the towel.  After several days of chasing her and putting the towel on my bed for her to sleep on - all with no success and  Chloe still screaming at the site of Seamus (one of the gentlest and most laid-back kitties I've ever seen). I gave up.  Today I tried something different.  I used a clean tube sock that is rather thick.  She seemed to like being brushed with it.  Then I used it on the boys and again on her.  She was ok with it.  I'm not yet sure if it has or will produce the desired effect, but ,if not, I'm considering drugs although I've tried kitty pot (catnip) with no solid improvement.  I'll keep the blog updated with the Adventures of Princess Chloe.

No comments:

Post a Comment